Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Quick Christmas Mani




Hi everyone! For this mani I used Revlon Emerald City (Matte Suede) as a base, Revlon Silver Dollar for the tree, and Sephora by OPI Keep Me On My Mistletoes for the tree’s star.
Emerald City is a gorgeous forest green with a subtle shimmer. First photo is artificial light, second photo is natural light. It’s fairly opaque and applies well. I used 2 coats here, no topcoat (didn’t want to change the “matte suede” finish). Overall I like this colour, although I’m not sure about the finish. This is my first matte polish so I think I’ll try a few others before I decide how I feel. Hope you're all ready for the holidays!
Update: After about a day I noticed some tipwear, most likely because I didn't use a topcoat. Is there any way around this? Do I need to just go out and buy a matte topcoat?

No comments:

Post a Comment